Brown Rice Pasta with Avocado Sauce
Avocados are rich in healthy fats that help us boost our metabolism. Their high fiber content also works to keeping us full longer which helps to slim our waistline. Not only that they have more potassium than a banana. Potassium is your partner to better blood pressure, as it helps to make your arteries more flexible and helps the body get rid of excess sodium which elevates blood pressure.
Power Food: Avocado
Prep Time: 10 min. | Cook Time: 9 min. | Total Time: 19 min. | Serves: 4 | Serving Size: ~ 1 cup
Free From: Gluten, Dairy, Soy
- 200 g of dry brown rice pasta (approx. 50 g/serving)
- 1 large ripe avocado, pitted
- ½ cup each: coconut milk & water
- 1 lemon, juice of
- ½ tsp. sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ½ cup broccoli or 12 asparagus spears, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 cup mixture of red, yellow & orange bell peppers or mixture of yellow & red cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- ½ cup each: Kalamata olives & sun-dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped, to garnish
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped, to garnish
- 1 tsp. lemon zest, to garnish
- Prepare pasta according to manufactures’ directions. Drain and return to stockpot.
- To make sauce add avocado, coconut milk, water, lemon juice, sea salt, pepper and garlic to a food processor and process until smooth add to stockpot with noodles. Warm on low-medium heat for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Then add broccoli, peppers, olives & sun-dried tomatoes and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or vegetables are lightly cooked. Garnish with walnuts, parsley and lemon zest.
Lighter Variation: You can also use veggie noodles made with zucchini using a spiralizer/mandoline or just a very sharp knife making long thin slices resembling noodles.
Nutritional Facts: Coming Soon!
Leave a Reply