Baked Crispy Chicken…Encrusted with Hemp Seeds!
Crispy Chicken never had it so good! Hemp seeds are the protein power house in these babies! Both kids young and older will love these! Hemp seeds have an excellent 3:1 ratio of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids which reduces inflammation and promotes a healthy heart. In particular hemp seeds are high in gamma linolenic acid (GLA), an essential omega-6 fatty acid that has been shown to support hormone balance.
Power Food: Hemp Seeds
Prep. Time: 10 min. | Cook Time: 20 min. |Total Time: 30 min. | Servings: 4 |Serving Size: ½ breast or 4 chicken fingers
Free From: Gluten, Dairy, Soy
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- ½ cup *almond flour
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp. onion powder & parsley
- ½ tsp. each: paprika, sea salt & pepper
- 16 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast, free range, cut crosswise in half or cut into ¼-inch strips for chicken fingers
- 2 eggs, free range
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil in a spray bottle or extra virgin coconut oil (EVCO), melted
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Mix together hemp seeds, almond flour, sesame seeds, onion powder, parsley, paprika, sea salt and pepper in a medium-sized bowl to form the coating.
- Whisk together the eggs in a shallow bowl. Now you’re ready to get dip’n! Dip the chicken completely in the whisked eggs and then the coating tossing it lightly to ensure it is completely coated. Place coated chicken on a parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining chicken. Spray with EVOO or brush with ECCO. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the coating is golden brown, turning once halfway through. Serve warm with your favourite dipping sauce!
*Cook’s Note: Almond Flour: You can easily make almond flour by grinding almonds in a blender or food processor. Use the pulse setting so that it remains as flour vs nut butter.
Nutritional Facts: Coming Soon!
Leave a Reply