Blueberry Gem Muffins!
Why love blueberries? Why love flax?
Researchers at the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Arkansas Children’s Nutrition Center looked at more than 100 common foods and found that, among fruits, wild and cultivated blueberries had the highest total antioxidant capacity to help us reduce damaging free radicals in our body! Flax is a great vegan source of omega-3 fatty acids for our energy and heart!
Feature Power Food: Blueberries
Prep. Time: 5 min. | Cook Time: 15 min. | Total Time: 20 min. | Serves: 12 | Serving Size: 1 muffin
Free From: Gluten, Dairy, Soy
- ½ cup extra virgin coconut oil (EVCO)
- ½ cup almond milk, unsweetened
- ¾ cup maple syrup, pure (grade B)
- 2 “*flax eggs” (2 Tbsp. flax seeds & 4 Tbsp. water, mix & refrigerate for 10 minutes to thicken)
- 2 cups buckwheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp fine sea salt
- 2 ½ cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line 12-cup muffin tin with papers.
- Mix wet ingredients together. Mix dry ingredients and stir together with wet ingredients. Fold in blueberries.
- Divide among the muffin cups and bake until toothpick comes out clean and muffins are golden brown, 25-30 min.
Nutritional Facts: Calories: 66.1 | Total Fat : 1.8g, Saturated Fat 0.2g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2g , Monounsaturated Fat 0.9g | Cholesterol 0mg | Sodium 77.9mg | Potassium 35.5mg | Total Carbohydrates 11.9g | Dietary Fiber 1g | Sugars 5.8g | Protein 1.2g | *Vitamin B2 14.4% | *Manganese 11.9 % | *Phosphorus 7.1% *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Donated By: Super Mom! Jacqui Wilson
Leave a Reply