Chia Tutti Frutti Pudding
This soothing chia pudding is great for digestion with lots of fiber and natural digestive enzymes from the trio; kiwi, papaya and pineapple. In fact the chia seeds are a whopping 40% fiber by weight making them one of the best sources of fiber. Chia seeds also help your waistline as they can absorb 10-12 times their weight in water, therefore increasing fullness and helping you feel satisfied with less food. So enjoy this pudding that can be enjoyed anytime of the day. You can also make it in a mason jar and take it to go to snack on before your kids next sporting event!
Feature Super Food: Chia Seeds
Prep. Time: 10 min. | Cook Time: 0 min | Total Time: 10 min. + 20 min. wait time | Serves: 2 |Serving Size: 1 cup | Free From: Gluten, Dairy, Soy
- 1 cup almond milk (or other milk alternative (i.e. coconut, hemp or quinoa milk)
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp. stevia powder/2-3 drops liquid or 1 tsp. raw honey
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of cinnamon
- ½ cup granola (dairy & gluten free) or Dr. Joel’s *5 Minute Raw Granola
- ¼ cup each: raspberries, blueberries, kiwi (diced), papaya and pineapple (diced)(or your favorite fruit)
- 4 strawberries, sliced
- 2 sprigs of mint to garnish
- Add almond milk, chia seeds, stevia, vanilla, and cinnamon to a small bowl. Mix well and allow to sit for 20 minutes + to thicken, stirring half way in between.
- To assemble, layer ingredients into a clear glass in the following order: a few spoonful’s of chia pudding, granola, fruits, then repeat to add a second laver of each. Garnish with a little granola. You can also add 4 Tbsp. of cocoa to the pudding ingredients for a chocolate version!
Dr. Joel’s 5 Minute Raw Granola: Add ½ cup of each: buckwheat groats, pecans, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, chia seeds, flax seeds, goji berries and pure maple syrup to a large bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil, a pinch of cinnamon, mix well and enjoy! If you have 15 more minutes bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 15 minutes at 375ºF. Enjoy! Store in the freezer until ready to use. Note you can switch up ingredients depending on what you have in your pantry!
Nutritional Facts: Calories 289.5 | Total Fat 13.6 g | Saturated Fat 1.3 g | Monounsaturated Fat 2.9 g | Polyunsaturated Fat 2.8 g | Cholesterol 0 g | Sodium 110 mg | Potassium 259.6 mg | Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g | Natural Sugar 11.8 g | Dietary Fiber 14.9 g | Protein 8.6 g | * Manganese 64.3 %| *Vitamin E 44.6 % | *Iron 19.7 % *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Leave a Reply