DIY Body Butter
This body lotion is a creamy, sinfully rich body lotion. It moisturizes and protects your most sensitive skin, and can be used daily. The best part is that it is chemical free and easy to make! Definitely a great gift idea!
Power Food: Almond
Prep Time: 10 min. | Cook Time: 10 min. | Total Time: 20 min. | Servings: 12 | Serving Size: 1
Free From: Gluten, Dairy, Soy
- ½ cup almond oil or jojoba oil
- ¼ cup extra virgin coconut oil (EVCO)
- ¼ cup beeswax
Optional Body Butter Boosters (BBBs)
- 2 Tbsp. shea butter or cocoa butter (anti-microbial)
- 1 tsp. vitamin E oil (for extra dry skin)
- 2 drops tea tree oil (anti-microbial) or essential oils of choice ie. vanilla, lavender
- In a stainless steel pot, melt almond oil, EVCO, beeswax and shea or cocoa butter if using.Whisk, remove from heat and add in any additional BBB’s.
- Place in nice jars and label. This lotion does not need to be refrigerated and will last for up to 6 months. Great for eczema, psoriasis, and babies! Note if the Body Butter feels too thick you can adjust by adding more almond oil or jojoba oil ( it is the beeswax that gives it the thickness)
Quick Note: Place decorative labels on containers that you make up!
Leave a Reply