Dr. Joël’s Post-Workout Smoothie
When you want to restore your body after a workout think Dr. Joël’s Post-Workout Repair within an hour post workout. It’s got you covered! (hydration, electrolytes, nutrients to repair, antioxidants, enzymes, protein, carbs anti-inflammation, and adrenal support). Hemp Seeds are a great way to power up your protein! 3 Tablespoons contain 10 grams that can be added to this and any smoothie, salad or even on top of popcorn!
Power Food: Hemp Seeds
Prep. Time: 5 min. | Cook Time: 0 min. | Total Time: 5 min. | Servings: 2 | Serving Size: ~2 cups (1 medium sized Mason jar)
Free From: Gluten, Dairy, Soy
- 1½ cup water (hydration)
- ½ cup coconut water or ¼ tsp. sea salt (electrolytes)
- ½ medium orange (vitamin C repair)
- ½ cup each: mango & carrots (beta-carotene antioxidant)
- ½ cup pineapple (enzymes)
- 6 Tbsp. hemp seeds or 1 scoop vegan protein powder (protein & carbs)
- 1 tsp. turmeric (anti-inflammatory)
- ½ tsp. sea salt or *pH Balancer Powder (electrolytes)
- 1-2 dates (optional-refill glycogen stores)
- 1 tsp.*maca (adrenal restorative)(optional)
**Optional Add Ins
- Place water, coconut water (or sea salt), orange, mango, carrots, pineapple, hemp seeds, turmeric, dates (if using) and maca in a blender. Blend until smooth and enjoy!
*Health Buzz: Maca: Can be found at your health food store.
**Optional Add Ins:
- Handful of greens of choice or greens powder (minerals & alkalization)
- 60 drops milk thistle tincture -(for detoxing & liver recovery)
- 1 tsp ground dulse flakes – ( seaweed, rich in vitamins & minerals)
- 200mcg Chromium– for optimal blood sugar regulation and insulin management.
Nutritional Facts (with Hemp Seeds & 1 date): Calories 369 | Total Fat 29.9 g | Saturated Fat 4.8 g | Monounsaturated fat 10.7 g | Polyunsaturated Fat 10.3 g | Cholesterol 0 mg | Sodium 395.1 mg | Potassium 413.3 mg | Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g | Dietary Fiber 8.1 g | Natural Sugar 18.6 g | Protein 17.9 g | *Magnesium 95.5 % | *Phosphorus 58 % | * Manganese 51.8 %
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Leave a Reply