These energy packages are easy to make and easy to take. Just 2 give you 43% of your magnesium , 32% of your phosphorus and 30% of your iron daily needs! Magnesium is a super star mineral that powers many energy producing reactions in the body, while phosphorus helps your brain, the utilization of protein and helps to balance hormones. Iron helps to oxygenate your blood and give you more stamina. Pumpkin seeds are rich in other minerals including zinc for more immunity and stress balancing hormones. So Bomb’s Away!
Power Food: Pumpkin Seeds
Prep. Time: 15 min. | Cook Time: 0 min. | Total Time: 15 min. + 30 min. refrigeration | Servings: 9 | Serving Size: 2
Free From: Gluten, Dairy, Soy
- ½ cup each: oatmeal (gluten free i.e. Bob’s Red Mills), quinoa flakes
- ½ cup hemp seeds, divided
- ¼ cup *pumpkin seeds
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp. **chia seeds, sprouted
- ¼ cup+ maple syrup, pure (grade B) or coconut nectar, raw
- ½ cup pumpkin seed butter, raw (or other seed/nut butter)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract, pure
- In a medium bowl combine dry ingredients: oatmeal, quinoa, ¼ cup of the hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl combine all wet ingredients: maple syrup, pumpkin seed butter and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Using a tablespoon, scoop out and shape into round balls. Roll in remaining hemp seeds to coat. Store in a parchment lined container in the refrigerator for up to one week or 2 months in the freezer and enjoy!
- Protein Fix: Remove quinoa flakes and add ½ cup protein powder
- Chocolate Fix Energy Bombs: Add 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder or raw cacao and ¼ cup chocolate chips (dairy & gluten free i.e. enjoy life or see our DYI Carob or Chocolate Chips recipe found in www.powerfoods101.com), you can also add a pinch of cayenne or sea salt!
- Coco-nutty Energy Bombs: Add ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut and 2 Tbsp. lemon zest
- Fruity Energy Bombs: Add ¼ cup unsweetened cranberries, cherries, blueberries or mulberries and 2 Tbsp. lemon zest
- Green Tea Energy Bombs: Add package of one green tea bag
*Health Buzz: Nuts & Seeds: Soak where possible, overnight in filtered water with 1 tsp. of sea salt for every cup to improve absorption & neutralize anti-nutrients.
**Health Buzz: Raw sprouted nuts & seeds increase nutrients, reduce anti-nutrients and increase absorption. Ideal to use when available.
Nutritional Facts: Calories 278.9 | Total Fat 19.1 g | Saturated Fat 2.7 g | Polyunsaturated Fat 11.2 g | Monounsaturated Fat 4.3 g | Cholesterol 0 mg | Sodium 72.9 mg | Potassium 26.8 mg | Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g | Dietary Fiber 5.6 g | Natural Sugar 12.1 g | Protein 10.1 g | *Magnesium 43.3 % | *Phosphorus 32.2% | *Iron 30.4 % *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
4 Responses to “ENERGY BOMBS!”
Leave a Reply