This twist on a classic not only surprises the taste buds but it also gives it an unexpected antioxidant punch! The great news is that you can whip it up in minutes and still save time to relax! Add as a topper to crackers, “veggie crackers”, or your next salad! Power Food: Pomegranate Prep. Time: 10 min. | Cook Time: 0 min. | Total Time: 10 min. | Servings: 6-8 | Serving Size: 2 Amuse-bouche Free From: Gluten, Dairy, Soy Ingredients:
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup black olives, pitted and diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, diced
- 2 ½ Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 large English cucumber, sliced
- 8 Button Mushrooms , stems removed
- Combine pomegranate seeds, olives, onion, tomatoes, parsley, EVOO, lemon juice and black pepper in a bowl. Let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash and slice your cucumber into ¼ inch slices. Clean and remove the stems from mushrooms
- Top each veggie cracker with ½ Tbsp. of bruschetta mixture or use your favorite cracker.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional Facts Calories 108.1 | Total Fat 8.0 g | Saturated Fat 0.8 g | Polyunsaturated Fat 1.7 g | Monounsaturated Fat 3.7 g | Cholesterol 0 mg | Sodium 68.2 mg | Potassium 73.8 mg | Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g | Dietary Fiber 1.3 g | Natural Sugar 2.3 g | Protein 2.4 g | *Vitamin C 16.4 %| *Vitamin A 6.6 %| *Iron 4.6 % *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Leave a Reply