Key Lime Smoothie
Limes and coconut are a match made in heaven, so that you dance the night away! This refreshing smoothie is sure to add zest to your life! Limes contain lots of immune boosting Vitamin C and hesperidin, helping to promote detoxification and reduce inflammation. As an added bonus the peels of limes have an inhibitor of melanin that can reduce aging spots on your skin bringing back your youthful glow! Simply add some fresh zest to your face masks or body scrubs and throw the rest in this delightful smoothie!
Feature Super Food: Limes
Prep. Time: 5 min. | Cook Time: 0 min. |Total Time: 5 min. | Servings: 2 |Serving Size: 2 cups
(medium sized mason jar)
Free From: Gluten, Dairy, Soy
- 2 cups coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup spinach, packed
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ avocado, peeled, pitted & rough chopped
- ¼ cup cashews, raw (pre-soaked in water 30 minutes+, drained, optional)
- 1 lime, juice of & zest (for a more tart version add 2! Limes, juice & zest)
- ¼ cup & 2 Tbsp. coconut, shredded , divided, to garnish
- 4-5 ice cubes
- 2 Tbsp. hemp seeds , to garnish
- Add coconut milk, spinach, banana, avocado, cashews, lime, lime zest, ¼ cup of the coconut and ice cubes to a blender.
- Blend until smooth. Garnish with remaining shredded coconut and hemp seeds. Enjoy!
Nutritional Facts: Calories 289 | Total Fat 3.2 g | Saturated Fat 1.9g | Monounsaturated Fat 3.2 g | Polyunsaturated Fat 0.8 g | Cholesterol 0 mg | Sodium 77mg | Potassium 348 mg | Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g | Natural Sugar 28.2 g | Dietary Fiber 7.3 g | Protein 7.1 g | *Vitamin A 89 % | * Vitamin C 58% | * Folate 34.8% *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs
2 Responses to “Key Lime Smoothie”
Leave a Reply