Natural Beauty Recipes
Great recipes to make with the kids for teacher gifts!
Recipe 1-Sage Lip Cream
- 3 tbsp sweet almond oil–
- Wellness: Good Fats, Minerals, Vit A, B, E, Anti-inflammatory
- Other uses sweet almond oil : Body lotion . Can mix with oils of rose hip, evening primrose (dry skin), borage, wheat germ, jojoba, castor or Vit E ).
- Other uses sweet almond oil : Hair , apply to wet hair after shampoo, leave in for 15-20 minutes and rinse out
- 3 tbsp beeswax
- Wellness: It is produced by honey bees to build the honeycomb walls, Vit A
- Other uses: the candles when burned produces negative ions in air which reduces toxins in environment ie allergies
- 10 drops sage oil: ( OR combination of 5 drops sage oil and 5 drops peppermint oil)
- Wellness : antimicrobial, antioxidant, reduction marks / spots, wound healing
- Caution ( has camphor and camphene caution excess avoid during pregnancy)
- 2 drops wheat germ oil
- Wellness : vitamin E, A, and D, and also Omega-3 fatty acids. It is very good for your lips, keeping them smooth and supple.
Heat until melted then beat until cool. Dispense in lip care containers.
Recipe-2-pH Balancer Finishing Toner
Use this cleansing, restoring rinse after your regular cleansing or after any or all of the skin treatments on listed. Apply with clean sterile cotton balls or gauze or simply splash on, being careful to avoid your eyes:
- 3 cups distilled water-
1/3 cups apple cider vinegar- ph balancer
- 5 drops lavender oil
Combine water and vinegar. Pour into a clean decorative decanter and store in the bathroom.
Various essential oils or herb infusions (in place of the plain distilled water) may be added to the basic balancer for fragrance and/or therapuedic value:
For oily skin add :
- Sage Oil 1/4 tsp
For dry, sensitive skin add:
- Vitamin E Oil 1/4 tsp
Recipe 3- Mint Skin Toner
To create a refreshing skin toner that will hydrate and clean your pores, mix all ingredients:
- 1 cup witch hazel – antimicrobial
- 2 cups distilled water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. mint extract.-soothes and tones
- 2 drops tea tree oil – antimicrobial
- For good measure, drop in a couple of fresh peppermint leaves- refreshing!
Dab on your face with a cotton ball and apply moisturizer.
Recipe 4-Beeswax and Cocoa Butter Body Lotion
This body lotion is a creamy, sinfully rich body lotion. It moisturizes and protects your most sensitive skin, and can be used daily. The best part is that it is chemical free and easy to make ! Great gift idea!
- 2 tablespoons beeswax
- 2 teaspoons distilled water
- 4 oz. cocoa butter- hydrating, antimicrobial
- 4 tablespoons sweet almond oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil- hydrating, antimicrobial
Place water and beeswax in pot on low heat until melted.
Add cocoa butter and mix well.
Slowly pour in sweet almond oil and coconut oil, stir while pouring to ensure even distribution.
Pour into small jar.
The lotion will thicken as it cools.
Does not require refrigeration.
Place decorative labels on bottles that you make up !
Leave a Reply