NATURE’S ANTIHISTAMINE SALAD
This warm salad is a great side to a lean protein. If you want it as a full meal, simply toss chickpeas, or any other bean or legume and your all set. You can even toss in a whole grain such as brown rice, quinoa or buckwheat for a super complete meal. Onions are rich in the flavonoid quercetin that has antihistamine & anti-inflammatory properties. Arugula is a cruciferous veggie that scores an A+ when it comes to helping to clean the body out, due to the detoxing indole-3 carbinol. Sauerkraut is rich in digestive supporting probiotics. All designed to help immunity and reduce those sniffles and watery eyes. Super simple but delicious!
Power Food: Onions
Total Time: 20 min. | Serves: 6 | Serving Size: 2 cups
Free From: Gluten, Dairy, Soy
Garlic Roasted Veggies:
- 1 cup of each veggie of choice (i.e.onion, red bell peppers, onion, yellow zucchini, cauliflower florets, asparagus, parsnips) all sliced in bite size pieces
- ¼ cup vegetable stock, divided
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves or 1 tsp. dried
- coarse sea salt to taste
Lemon Honey Dressing:
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1½ tsp. honey, raw, local (grade B)
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- pepper to taste, freshly ground
- 6 cups arugula or baby greens
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- ½ cup Kalamata olives
- ¼ cup chia seeds, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place veggies on a parchment lined baking sheet. Drizzle with 1/8 cup of the vegetable stock and season with sea salt to taste. Roast for 5-8 minutes, then flip veggies and roast for an additional 5-7 minutes or until tender.
- Whisk together the remaining EVOO, lemon juice, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, and pepper to taste.
- Divide arugula into equal portions over each plate or place on a wooden serving cutting board. Arrange the roasted veggies, tomatoes and olives over the greens. Drizzle with dressing and chia seeds. Serve warm. Alternatively you can add all ingredients to a large salad bowl and just toss before serving. For extra flavour you can add your choice of pesto, sauerkraut &/or hummus on the side!
Nutritional Facts: Calories 240.8 | Total Fat 4.5 g | Saturated Fat 0.4 g | Monounsaturated Fat 2.5 g | Polyunsaturated Fat 1.3 g | Cholesterol 0 mg | Sodium 225.9 mg | Potassium 688.3 mg | Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g | Dietary Fiber 6.9 g | Protein 2.8 g | Natural Sugar 3.7 g | *Vitamin A 296.6% | *Vitamin C 57.4% | *Manganese 40.3%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Leave a Reply