No Bake Apple Crisp
Apples, apples, what a treat. Sweet and tart, and good to eat. Those phytonutrients will keep me still, while lowering my blood sugar and keeping me from being ill. Boron will support my bones and healthy brain, while the pectin will keep me full and regular all day. Apples, apples, please keep that doctor away!
Feature Power Food: Apples
Prep Time: 5. | Cook Time: 10 min. | Total Time: 15min | Serves: 2 | Serving Size: 1 cup
Free From: Gluten, Dairy, Soy
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin coconut oil (EVCO)
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup, pure (grade B)
- 1/4 cup granola cereal (gluten free & dairy free)
- Melt EVCO in a skillet over medium heat. Add apples, sprinkle with cinnamon and stir. Cook until tender 5-8 minutes.
- Drizzle apples with maple syrup and stir to evenly coat. Cook an additional 1-2 minutes until nice and gooey!
- Remove from heat, transfer to a bowl and top with granola.
Nutritional Facts: Calories 193.7 | Total Fat 9.3g | Saturated Fat 2.7 g | Monounsaturated Fat 3.5g | Polyunsaturated Fat 3.4 g | Cholesterol 0.0 g | Sodium 64.1 mg | Potassium 162.0 mg | Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g | Natural Sugar 18.3 g | Dietary Fiber 3.7g | Protein 2.5 g | * Manganese 42.8 % |* Vitamin E 10.9 % |* Thiamin 8.3 %
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Leave a Reply