This Power Food Latte is rich in turmeric that is a wellness wonder. Turmeric is the spice that gives curry its yellow colour and has been used in India for thousands of years as a spice and medicinal herb. Turmeric contains compounds called curcuminoids, the most important of which is curcumin. Curcumin has powerful anti-inflammatory effects, is an antioxidant and helps to increase brain-derived-neurotropic factor (BDNF) which promotes cognition and brain health. So enjoy and be well!
Power Food: Turmeric
Prep. Time: 1 min. | Cook Time: 4 min. | Total Time: 5 min. | Servings: 2 | Serving Size: 1 cup
Free From: Gluten, Dairy, Soy
“Pot of Gold”:
- ½ cup turmeric powder
- ¼ cup cinnamon
- 1-2 Tbsp. ground ginger
- 2 tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. cayenne (optional)
Pot of Gold Latte:
- 2 cups oat milk or other non-dairy milk, unsweetened
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin coconut oil (EVCO)
- 2 Tbsp. “Pot of Gold”
- Add the oat milk to a small pot and heat on low temperature.
- Add in the “Pot of Gold” spices and whisk for about 2-3 minutes until the milk is warmed, but not boiling. Remove from heat and use an immersion blender to blend until frothy if desired.
Note: You can easily mix up extra “Pot of Gold” by pre-mixing all of the spices to keep on hand for a quick start. Feel free to “ice it up!” by adding heated milk once cooled to a blender, “Pot of Gold” spices and 2-3 ice cubes. Blend and enjoy!
Nutritional Facts: Calories 190| Total Fat 17.3 g | Saturated Fat 13.2 g | Monounsaturated Fat 0.1 g | Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2 g | Cholesterol 0 g | Sodium 183.3 mg | Potassium 357.4 mg | Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g | Natural Sugar 0.3 g | Dietary Fiber 3.7 g | Protein 1.6 g | * Vitamin E 50% | * Calcium 49.1% | *Manganese 45.9% *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs
Leave a Reply