Power Pizza with Oatmeal Crust
This Power Pizza is a great Carb-Loading meal to include as you are getting ready for race day. The crust is made from *oatmeal! By grinding it yourself to make a flour you get more nutrients to kick your energy into high gear and build up your stores of fuel. Oats contain the mineral manganese which is a turbo charger of your energy and vitamin B1 to keep you focused and sharp! 3, 2, 1, Racer Ready, Go!
Power Food: Oatmeal Prep. Time: 10 min. | Cook Time: 20 min. | Total Time: 30 min. | Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 2 |(makes 1 medium pizza)
Free From: Gluten, Dairy, Soy
- 3 cups of *oatmeal (certified gluten-free if required)
- ¾ cup water, filtered
- ¾ Tbsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. Italian spices
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Add oatmeal to a food processor and process until it becomes a flour.
- Add the water, baking powder, spices, garlic and salt to the food processor. Pulse until completely mixed forming a sticky dough.
- Place the dough on a parchment lined baking sheet, drizzle the EVOO on the dough and using your hands form a dough ball. With oiled hands, spread dough on a parchment lined baking sheet or use a rolling pin to form your pizza in the shape desired. (Making it thick for those of you who are carb-loading before your race day or thin for the moms & dads who are watching your waistline)
- Bake crust for 10 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Remove crust from oven and top with your favourite rainbow of coloured ingredients…pesto, pizza sauce, minced lean meat (chicken or beef), onions, peppers, olives, artichoke, asparagus, minced spinach (gotta love Popeyee!), corn making it carb rich!
- Return to oven and continue to bake for an additional 8-10 minutes or until crust is golden brown and toppings are tender.
*Health Buzz: Are oats gluten-free? Yes they are! They are often produced in facilities that use wheat or gluten and so if you need to be strict look for versions that are labeled gluten-free.
Nutritional Facts: Coming Soon!
One Response to “Power Pizza with Oatmeal Crust”
Leave a Reply