Salmon with Avocado & Tropical Salsa
This meal is lean and mean! Helps you feel wonderful from the inside out! The salmon, as with most fish, contains large amounts of Omega 3 fatty acids, which enhance the nervous system and boost circulation, giving you a healthy glow!
Power Food: Salmon
Prep Time: 5 min. | Cook Time: 20 min. | Total Time: 25 min. | Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1
Free From: Gluten, Dairy, Soy
- 2 lbs. salmon, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. of each: sea salt, ground coriander, cumin, onion powder, and black pepper
- ½-1 tsp. paprika powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 cup each papaya, kiwi, yellow & red peppers, red onion
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Juice from 2 limes
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 Tbsp. pesto (dairy & gluten-free)
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Make the rub by placing coriander, cumin, onion powder, black pepper and paprika ( to taste, the more the spicier!) Mix well and set aside.
- Place the salmon fillets on a baking sheet, drizzle with EVOO and then season with the rub, massaging into the salmon well. ( For a less spicy version omit the paprika) Bake for 20 minutes or until tender and flaky.
- For the salsa: Combine the papaya, kiwi, yellow & green peppers, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, pesto and sea salt in a bowl and mix well. Chill until ready to use.
- Serve the salmon topped with the avocado slices and top with salsa
Nutritional Facts: Calories 439 | Total Fat 39.4 g | Saturated Fat 6.5 g | Monounsaturated Fat 20.9 g | Polyunsaturated Fat 9 g | Cholesterol 110 mg | Sodium 240 mg | Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g | Natural Sugar 8 g | Dietary Fiber 7.9 g | Protein 5 8.6 g | *Vitamin B6 256% | *Vitamin B3 148% |*Selenium 23.3% |
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Leave a Reply