Environmental Sensitivity Testing (EST)
Environmental Sensitivity Test (EST)
Environmental Allergies & Sensitivies are very common in Ottawa due to the high pollen count settling in the Ottawa Valley. Allergies & Sensitivies in general are also on the rise due to global warming. Global warming causes the plants to breath in more carbon dioxide and this stimulates more release of pollens. Environmental Sensitivity Testing is an assessment of plants, molds, dust, animals that may impact your health on a seasonal basis and may or may not be true allergies.
Functional Screen of: Environmental Sensitivities/ Intolerances
Indicated for: Those who experience seasonal changes in their health.
The method of Testing:
The Vega Test is an EAV acupuncture technique testing device. The electroacupunture diagnostic method utilizes a galvanometer designed to measure the skin’s electrical activity at designated acupuncture points. The patient holds a negative electrode in one and hand and the doctor holds the positive electrode probe to press selected acupuncture points. When a suspected food or environmental is placed on an aluminum tray which is connected into the circuit (or when the Vegamedi, which encases the food or environmental samples, is used), certain galvanometer reading changes, indicating sensitivity. This method is also used for Food Additive Testing, which is most indicated for children with ADD/ADHD, and adults or children with learning disabilities. This takes 10 minutes as well and can be done alone or in combination with the food and environmental testing. The procedure is non invasive , thus it is not painful and is ideal for children.
The reviVelife™ Wellness Centre uses the Vega Test as a supportive technique (not a diagnostic or treatment device) in conjunction with an individual’s history, physical findings and/or laboratory tests. The information gathered is used in conjunction with the traditional elimination challenge technique to determine a person’s food sensitivities. The Vega Test along with a patient’s history will facilitate food sensitivity assessment which is to be noted as different than food allergy detection. If a person has other allergies it is important for them to overlap these results with any food sensitivities that are determined.
It is recommended to have a consult with this visit.
The results of this test are available shortly after your test.
Common Symptoms Include:
Darkness Underneath the Eyes
And Many More….
Your foods maybe affecting how you feel…. Food and Environmental Testing can make a difference!
Common changes include:
- Increased Energy
Better Focus and Concentration.
1. Avoid the use of lotions or creams on the hands or feet the day of the Vega test
2. Please remove all jewelry and watches for the test (done at the time of the test)
3. Please remove all telephone, pager, and other electronic devices
4. Please notify your Naturopath if you have a pacemaker or similar device
5. Avoid stimulants with caffeine, i.e. coffee, tea, cola, and chocolate 24 hours before the test
6. Take any normal medications that you use on an ongoing basis. Note that high doses of alcohol, amphetamines, sedatives, tranquilizers, corticosteroids, and immune suppressives may make testing more difficult; thus if not a part of your normal medical plan of management, avoid 24 hours before the test.
- New! Genetic DNA Testing
- Hormone Testing
- Food Intolerence Testing
- Optiblood™ Live Cell Analysis
- Metabolic Urine Testing
- Integrative Cardiology Labs
- Medical Thermography
- Longevity Testing
- Stress & Neurotransmitter Testing
- Food Allergy Blood Testing
- Food Additives & Preservatives Testing (FADD)
- Digestive Labs
- Environmental Sensitivity Testing (EST)
- Athletic Optimization Testing
- Cancer Marker Blood Testing
- Nutrient Testing
- Medical Thermography
- Heavy Metal Testing
- Infectious & Autoimmune Testing
- Hair Analysis Test