Medical Digital Infrared Thermal Imaging (DITI or Thermography), is a non-invasive assessment technique that converts infrared radiation (heat) emitted from the skin surface into electrical impulses that are visualized in colour. The spectrum of colors indicate an increase or decrease in the amount of infrared radiation being emitted from the body surface to graphically map the body temperature and is referred to as a thermogram. The spectrum of colours indicate an increase or decrease in the amount of infrared radiation being emitted from the body surface. Since there is a high degree of thermal symmetry in the normal body, subtle abnormal temperature asymmetry’s can be easily identified. It is used in conjunction with other laboratory findings to assist your practitioner in formulating a health care plan. Thermography has been used extensively in human medicine for the past 20 years.
Thermography is a painless, non-invasive, state of the art clinical test without any exposure to radiation.
Highlights: Safe Scanning Method for Body Health including pain and circulation
Functional Assessment of : Body, Pain, and Circulation
Indicated For: Individuals who wish to have their health assessed for the body, unexplained pain or circulatory concerns.
- Regional: Breast/Prostate
- Wellness: Breast, Thyroid & Uterus
- Full Body: Review of Body
Medical Thermography is indicated for those who wish to have an overall assessment of their body or a region of the body.
Medical Thermography can graphically display and record the subjective feeling of pain by objectively displaying the changes in skin surface temperature that are produced by pain states. Medical Thermography’s major clinical value is in its sensitivity in the vascular, muscular, neural and skeletal systems and as such can contribute to an integrated assessment by the clinician.
Medical DITI has been used extensively in human medicine in the USA, Europe and Asia for the past 20 years. Until now, cumbersome equipment has hampered its diagnostic and economic viability. Current state of the art PC based IR technology designed specifically for clinical application has changed all this.
- You must wait at least three (3) months after breast surgery, the completion of chemotherapy or radiation before a thermography examination.
- You are asked to avoid any natural or artificial tanning of your chest for seven (7) days prior to the study date.
- You must not have had significant fevers within thirty-six (36) hours of the examination.
- You must avoid any clinical physical stimulation, examination or compression of the breasts (self or clinical examination, ultrasound or mammogram) for at least 3 days prior to the examination.
- You should refrain from a sauna, steam-room or hot/cold packs in contact with the breasts for at least twenty-four (24) hours prior to the examination.
- You are asked not to shave your underarms or use any skin creams, lotions, deodorants or powders on your breasts or underarms on the study day.
- You are asked to refrain from exercise, bathing or showering for one hour prior to examination.
- You are asked to refrain from any tobacco use, caffeinated coffee or tea consumption for two (2) hours prior to the examination.
- You may wear any necklaces with or without pendants unless they are so long as to touch the breasts or extend to the level of the cleavage. In fact, necklaces and pendants can be an asset to the technician as they may serve as an aid to obtaining a sharp focus.
- If you are exposed to outside environmental extremes, such as very cold or warm temperatures, you should acclimate in a comfortable room temperature for approximately thirty (30) minutes
- New! Nutrigenomic DNA Testing
- Hormone Testing
- Food Intolerence Testing
- Optiblood™ Live Cell Analysis
- Metabolic Urine Testing
- Integrative Cardiology Labs
- Medical Thermography
- Longevity & Anti-Aging Testing
- Stress & Neurotransmitter Testing
- Food Allergy Blood Testing
- Food Additives & Preservatives Testing (FADD)
- Digestive Labs
- Environmental Sensitivity Testing (EST)
- Athletic Optimization Testing
- Cancer Marker Blood Testing
- Nutrition Testing
- Medical Thermography
- Heavy Metal Testing
- Infectious & Autoimmune Testing
- Hair Analysis Test