Some Like It Sweet! Pina Colada Smoothie with Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) helps to alkalize the body and its claim to fame is many, but the strongest research is in its ability to lower the glycemic index of foods when taken before a meal! (1) Great to help your blood sugar and cravings!
Feature Super Food: Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
Prep. Time: 5 min. | Cook Time: 0 min. | Total Time: 5 min. | Servings: 2 | Serving Size: 1 cup
Free From: Gluten, Dairy, Soy
• 8 oz. water
• 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar (ACV)
• 1 tsp. raw honey or 4 drops liquid *stevia
• 2 Tbsp. extra virgin coconut oil (EVCO)
• 1 cup pineapple, chopped roughly
• ½ cup mango
• ½ cup ice
1. Place water, Apple Cider Vinegar, honey, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, pineapple, mango and ice in a blender.
2. Pulse until smooth. Pour into a chilled glass and garnish with pineapple.
Nutritional Facts: Calories 87 | Total Fat 1.4 g | Saturated Fat 1.1 g | Polyunsaturated Fat 0.3 g | Monounsaturated Fat 0.6 g | Cholesterol 0.0 mg |Sodium 65.9 mg | Potassium 364.1 mg | Total Carbohydrate 17 g | Dietary Fiber 1.1 g | Sugars 12 g | Protein 0.9 g | *Manganese 25 % | *Vitamin C 15.3 % | *Vitamin B-6 10 %
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs
(1)Ostman E, Granfeld Y, Persson L, Bjorck I. Vinegar supplementation lowers glucose and insulin responses and increases satiety after a bread meal in healthy subjects. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2005;59:983-988.
Leave a Reply