SUPER SPIRAL SALAD
What is a Power Food that you can spiral into noodles and that is a great food to help you be lean? Zucchini! This yummy veggie is virtually a free food (super low in calories and high in nutrients)! It’s an outstanding source of vitamin C to keep your skin glowing, vitamin A for your immunity and magnesium for your energy! This super salad also has fibre and healthy fat to keep your blood sugar balanced and feeling full!
Power Foods 101 Super Spiral Salad!
Feature Super Food: Zucchini
Prep. Time: 15 min. | Cook Time: 0 min. |Total Time: 15 min. | Servings: 4 |Serving Size: ~ 2 cup
Free From: Gluten, Dairy, Soy
- 2 large zucchini’s (or cucumbers), *spiralized
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (red, orange, yellow)
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup small cauliflower florets
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- ¼ cup vegetable stock (low sodium & gluten free)
- ¼ cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- 2 Tbsp. mustard, stone ground
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Add the zucchini, tomatoes, pepper, onion, cauliflower and olives to a large bowl.
- Whisk together the stock, lemon juice, ACV, mustard, garlic, sea salt and pepper. Drizzle on salad and toss just before serving.
*Health Buzz: Spiralizers are a great “Kitchen Kool Tool” to turn your veggies or fruits into beautiful sprials! You can find one at your local kitchen store or on-line. Don’t have one? Not to worry, simply slice very thinly into long julienned strips.
Nutritional Facts: Calories 65.3 | Total Fat 1.2 g | Saturated Fat .0 g | Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1 g | Monounsaturated Fat 0 g | Cholesterol 0 mg| Sodium 162.2 mg | Potassium 564.1 mg | Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g | Dietary Fiber 3.4 g | Natural Sugars 4.7 g | Protein 1.7 g | *Vitamin C 75.2% | *Vitamin A 50.2 % | *Manganese 18.4% *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Leave a Reply