FRUIT DIPPED IN MELTED CHOCOLATE
This dessert is what we call nutrient dense & BRAIN BOOSTING! …These yummy berries give you strong antioxidant power, while the chocolate keeps your happy hormone serotonin happy! As more of a bonus the walnuts give you anti-inflammatory w-3 fatty acids and the buckwheat gives you tryptophan to help you make even more of your happy hormone serotonin! By dunking the fruit in chocolate you are getting all the health benefits of the fruit and keeping the chocolate as a tiny treat!
Power Food: Buckwheat
Prep. Time: 10 min. | Cook Time: 5 min. | Total Time: 15 min.+ | Serves: 8 | Serving Size: 3
Free From: Gluten, Dairy, Soy
- 24 strawberries, washed & pat dry OR other fruit of choice i.e. bananas, blackberries etc.
- ¼ cup each: extra virgin coconut oil (EVCO), melted & cacao or cocoa powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup, pure (grade B)
- water, filtered, if needed
- Granola, of choice; hemp seeds &/or coconut flakes
- ¼ cup almonds, raw (soaked overnight)
- ¼ cup+/- water, filtered
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ White Drizzle, as above + 2 large strawberries
- Add EVCO, cacao and maple syrup to a small stockpot on low heat. Whisk until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Dip strawberries in the chocolate sauce and then place on a parchment lined plate. Dip in toppings of choice. Repeat with the remaining strawberries and refrigerate for about 15 minutes or until the chocolate is firm.
- In the meantime add almonds, water and lemon juice to a blender. Blend until smooth adding more water if needed to reach a drizzle consistency. Remove half, place in a squeeze bottle or baggie with a tip cut off. Drizzle/pipe on half the chocolate dipped strawberries once the chocolate is firm.
- Add 2 strawberries and blend until smooth. Add to a squeeze bottle or baggie with a tip cut off. Drizzle/pipe on the remaining chocolate dipped strawberries once the chocolate is firm. Return decorated strawberries to the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes until all the chocolate is firm.
*Quick Tip: To make Buckwheat Granola: combine 1 cup buckwheat groats, ¼ cup each pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and ground flax seeds, ¼ cup of extra virgin coconut oil (EVCO) and 1/8 cup maple syrup. Mix well and toast in oven on a parchment lined baking sheet 350º F for 15 min, stir and toast for an additional 15 minutes.
Nutritional Facts: Calories 289 | Total Fat 12.4 g | Saturated Fat 2.1 g | Monounsaturated fat 0.5 g | Polyunsaturated Fat 0.7 g | Cholesterol 0.2 mg | Sodium 3.6 mg | Potassium 291.6 mg| Total Carbohydrate 25 g | Dietary Fiber 6.5 g | Natural Sugar 14.6 g | Protein 5.6 g | *Manganese 13% | *Vitamin C 12 % | Iron 12%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Leave a Reply