SALMON COBB SALAD
Don’t you just love a meal that is a feast for the eyes! This one is a beauty. So simple but filled with health and flavour! Served buffet style so your family and friends can tailor it to what they want.
The salmon is rich in anti-inflammatory omega 3’s that support your hormones, brain, and energy. By including pumpkin seeds for crunch you’re topping up your protein, healthy fat, and magnesium to increase your “I’m Chilling Vibe!” This meal keeps things light with its rainbow of veggies and small bites.
Power Food: Salmon
Prep. Time: 15 min+ wait time. | Cook Time: 25 min |Total Time: 40 min. | Servings: 8 |Serving Size:
Free From: Gluten, Dairy, Soy
- 1 filet of wild salmon (about 3 lbs.) with pin bones removed
- 1 lemon, zest of
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 Tbsp. dill, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
Plant Based Aioli: for serving (1 cup raw cashews, ¾ cup water, 4 garlic cloves, 2 tsp. Dijon mustard, juice of ½ lemon, pinch of sea salt to taste)
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup *coconut or carrot bacon (I know many of you love the real thing bacon but these plant-based options are pretty good and a lot healthier for you!)
- 2 tomatoes or 1 cup of baby tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup roasted red peppers, cut
- 4 cups arugula and baby lettuce mix
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 10 radishes, cut in half
- boiled red skin potatoes
- 2 avocados, thinly sliced
- 1/2-pound portabella mushrooms, sautéed
- 1 bunch asparagus, steamed
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges (for garnish)
- ¼ cup Pumpkin seeds – for crunch
You can buy carrot bacon here https://well.ca/products/carrot-bacon-applewood_206430.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAsoycBhC6ARIsAPPbeLs9kCJYhll2dBFNZOkcnLSXm75mpAhyR83IZBJQDIM7KvwaWkdw-H0aAtx1EALw_wcB
- Preheat the oven to 250˚F. Line a baking tray with foil and coat with a bit of EVOO.
- Place the salmon on the baking tray, skin side down, and season with sea salt and pepper, herbs and lemon zest. Rub the salmon all over with the EVOO, then let sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes. Roasting salmon low and slow gives a different consistency to the fish, more like smoked salmon (without the smoke).
- In the meantime – blend aioli ingredients together until smooth.
- Roast for about 25 minutes, or until the salmon is just opaque in the center.
- To prepare the eggs, bring water in a large saucepan to a boil, then gently add the eggs one at a time. Cook for 6 minutes. Remove from heat, drain then add eggs to ice bath to cool. When cool enough to handle, peel eggs and slice in half.
- To assemble the salad board, place the cooked salmon in the center of a platter, and scatter the remaining ingredients around it in a decoratively. Allow your family and or guests to prepare their own salad to enjoy!
- Raw Vegan: Chickpeas or Tofu
- Pescatarian: As is or replace fish with Shrimp for a Shrimp Cobb Salad Board!
- Paleo, Keto: Chicken or Beef
- Low Carb: As is! And Skip the Potatoes
- Dairy Free: As is!
- Gluten Free: As is!
- Kid Friendly: Deconstruct to Protein, Veggies, and Potatoes. If salmon is not there thing give them leftover chicken and ingredients that are a go for them from the board!
- Fast Track: Purchase ready-made salmon and make your board!
Recipe adapted from: https://www.heinens.com/recipes/salmon-cobb-salad-board/
Leave a Reply