THAI LETTUCE WRAPS
This yummy meal is quick and easy to prepare especially if you have leftover protein. You can use any kind of lettuce – iceberg, romaine, or Boston. Lettuce and other greens are rich in vitamin K to keep your bones strong. Lettuce also helps to hydrate you thanks to its 95% water content!
Prep: 10 mins (+marinate 30 mins or overnight) | Cook: 3 mins | Total Time: 13 mins | Serves: 4
Power Food: Lettuce
Beef or Protein of Choice & Marinate:
- 8 oz. beef sirloin, thinly sliced or 1 cup tofu cubes for a vegan version
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. dark sesame seed oil
- 2 tsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 scallions, chopped
- Pinch of pepper
- ½ cup of water chestnuts, chopped for crunch! (optional)
- 12 lettuce leaves – romaine or Boston
- Red cabbage
- Sweet chili sauce
- Combine the beef marinate ingredients – soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, scallions, and pepper together. Add the slice beef, cover, and set aside for a minimum of 30 minutes or overnight if time permits.
- Place a skillet on stove top on medium-high heat, add the marinated beef and the marinade, and stir-fry until the sauce has reduced and the meat is cooked through, about 3 minutes, and transfer to a plate.
- To serve, place the beef or protein of choice, lettuce leaves, cucumbers, carrots, and red cabbage in the middle of the table for everyone to make their own lettuce wraps if serving at home.
- If meal prepping. Add lettuce leaves, protein of choice, cucumbers, carrots, and red cabbage in your meal prep container to enjoy when you are ready to enjoy!
Inspirations: Use any veggies julienne on hand or for a quick option pre-shredded veggies and for a spicy kick serve with kimchi!!!
Leave a Reply