Alkaline Veggie Soup
This harvest of alkaline vegetables helps to balance your body’s pH and reduce inflammation. The combination of nature’s harvest gives you alkaline rich minerals, including calcium, magnesium, sodium and potassium. As an extra bonus it’s also rich in antioxidants giving you over 100% of your RDA of Vitamin A and C.
Feature Super Food: Broccoli
Prep. Time: 5 min. | Cook Time: 5 min. | Total Time: 12 min. | Servings: 4 | Serving Size: 2 cups
Free From: Gluten, Dairy, Soy
- 2 Tbsp. *wakame (seaweed) (optional)
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups vegetable stock (low sodium, gluten free)
- 4 cups broccoli, florets & stalks, coarse chopped
- 1 ½ cup sweet potato, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 ½ cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp. sea salt & pepper, to taste
- ½ cup coriander, to garnish
- ½ cup red pepper, to garnish, finely diced
- ¼ cup almonds, to garnish, slivered
- To rehydrate wakame seaweed, place in 1 cup of water for 10 minutes. Drain and then squeeze the excess fluid out. Coarsely slice and set aside.
- In a large pot, bring vegetable stock to boil. Add broccoli, sweet potatoes, onion, and wakame. Boil for 5 minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Place in food processor and puree on medium speed, until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish with coriander, red pepper and slivered almonds. Serve and enjoy!
Health Nut: * Wakame is an Asian sea vegetable, or edible seaweed. It has a subtly sweet flavour and is most often served in soups and salads. You can find it at your health food or Asian grocery store
Nutritional Facts: Calories 227 | Total Fat 0.8 g | Saturated Fat 0.2 g | Polyunsaturated Fat 0.4 g | Monounsaturated Fat 0 g | Cholesterol 0 mg | Sodium 167 mg | Potassium 714.8 mg | Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g | Dietary Fiber 4.6 g | Natural Sugar 4.6 g | Protein 7.4 g | *Vitamin A 338 % | *Vitamin C 306 % | *Folate 35.6 % *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs
Leave a Reply