Mmmm, apple & cinnamon always comfort combo! And yes an apple a day can keep the doctor away! Rich in soluble fibre which helps keep you feeling satisfied and great for digestion. The minerals magnesium and calcium help you relax and chill! Dollop this on your favourite cracker, next smoothie or even in a warm non-dairy milk latte and you’re all set!
Power Food: Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
Prep. Time: 5 min. | Cook Time: 0 min. | Total Time: 5 min.+| Servings: 16 | Serving Size: 1 Tbsp.
Free From: Gluten, Dairy, Soy
Raw Homemade Apple Sauce:
- 6 apples, cored & rough chopped (blend a variety of types ie tart Granny Smith’s with sweeter Fuji or Macintosh)
- ½ cup chia seeds (white if available ) (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- 1-2 tsp. cinnamon
- Place apples, chia seeds, lemon juice, ACV and cinnamon in a blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy as is OR to make Apple Butter (yum!) go to step 2.
- Add apple sauce into a medium sized pot on low heat and simmer until apple sauce reduces to half the amount giving you delicious apple butter, approximately 30 minutes+ (30 minutes is what I like but the longer you cook the more reduced and buttery! (the butter version is cooked of course:). You can also add to a crockpot overnight for a no fuss option!
- Serve with your favourite gluten-free crackers or Nature’s Fix Crackers or add to your next smoothie! .
Nutritional Facts: Calories 60 | Total Fat 2.1 g | Saturated Fat 0 g | Polyunsaturated Fat 1.3 g | Monounsaturated Fat 0 g | Cholesterol 0 mg |Sodium 0 mg | Potassium 75.6 mg | Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g | Dietary Fiber 4.2 g | Sugars 4.3 g | Protein 2 g | *Magnesium 5.5% | *Calcium 5.5 % | *Vitamin C 4.4%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
For more great recipes www.powerfoods101.com
Leave a Reply