Awesome Asian Slaw
This salad is a rainbow of refreshing veggies. Not only that, but a great way for a busy family to multi-task in the kitchen. Have as a salad one night, use in a wrap the next day, and then toss it in a soup for an easy dinner! The indoles in the cruciferous kale and cabbage help us detoxify and reduce inflammation. To save on time you can also buy cabbage that is pre-shredded and simply add the rest!
Feature Super Food: Kale
Prep. Time: 30 min. | Cook Time: 0 min. | Total Time: 30 min. | Servings: 4 | Serving Size: 1 cup
Free From: Gluten, Dairy
• 1 cup, kale, finely chopped
• 1 cup cabbage, finely shredded
• 1 cup red cabbage, finely shredded
• ½ cup, Brussels sprouts, sliced (optional)
• 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
• 1/2 cup thinly sliced sugar snap peas
• 1/2 cup lemon juice
• 3 Tbsp. apple juice
• 2 Tbsp. soy sauce, (low sodium, gluten-free)
• 1 tsp. sesame oil
• 2 Tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled and minced
• 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
• 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
• 1/2 cup cilantro, minced
• 2 Tbsp. cashews or walnuts
• 2 Tbsp. black sesame seeds
1. Toss kale, cabbage, red cabbage, Brussels sprouts, carrot and sugar snap peas into a large bowl.
2. For the dressing, add lemon juice, apple juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and cayenne pepper in a mason jar. Cover with the lid, shake, and pour over the slaw just before serving.
3. Garnish with cilantro, cashews and black sesame seeds.
Quick Tip: To save time use pre-shredded cabbage, matchstick carrots and Farm Boy Lemon Dressing
Nutritional Facts: Calories 187.5 | Total Fat 14.5 g | Saturated Fat 2.2 g | Monounsaturated Fat 9.8 g | Polyunsaturated Fat 1.8 g | Trans Fat 0 g | Cholesterol 0 mg | Sodium 99.8 mg | Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g | Sugars 3.5 g | Dietary Fiber 3.7 g | Protein 3.5 g | *Vitamin A 255.3% | *Vitamin C 72.2% | *Manganese 23.1% *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Leave a Reply