Heal the Gut. Heal The Body.
When you are feeling more than just a gut feeling but have heartburn, bloated, and gassy or have to run urgently to the bathroom at a moment’s notice, life can be difficult. Just planning normal daily activities like going to work, traveling, or socializing becomes stressful and or embarrassing. Over time, chronic digestive problems can cascade into fatigue1, depression2,3, brain fog4-6, weight gain7,8, hormone imbalance9, joint pain10, cardiovascular disease11-13 or even acne14. You search the internet and go from doctor to doctor seeking help but don’t find long-term solutions.
You are not alone, and It doesn’t have to be this way.
Research is continuing to unfold new ways that your gut (and the microbes) within it is connected to overall wellness.15 It is increasingly clear that your brain, your immune system, your gut microbes and even your skin are intricately linked. The GI tract is a host to more than 70% of your immune system16 and 90% of your serotonin, your sleep and happy hormone.17 Other key neurotransmitters, you’re your gut hosts include acetylcholine for memory and concentration, dopamine for motivation, and the partners GABA and glutamate which promote relaxation and intellect.18,19 Poor diet, unhealthy lifestyle, stress, toxins and drugs are a few causes linked to digestive imbalance.
The Root Cause
Our practitioners bring years of experience, advanced diagnostic digestive testing including SIBO, Leaky Bowel and your Microbiome which is often not found at your traditional medical doctor’s office. We look for answers to the root cause, including Why… do you have constipation, or do you have to bloating?
Advanced Digestive Tests:
- Food Sensitivity Testing
- Low Stomach Acid Test
- H Pylori Test
- Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO) Test
- Microbiome Test
- Ova & Parasites Test
- Comprehensive Stool Analysis + Parasitology
- Leaky Bowel Test
- Digestion & Health Testing- Organic Acid Test
Additional digestive condition therapies and tailored test options are available based on need.
The Revivelife Approach
What are treatments for digestive havoc?
Finding solutions to your digestive imbalance may be more than “just taking a probiotic”. We take a deeper dive with functional testing and use the latest strategies in therapies in our health-tool kit that may include acupuncture, select probiotics that fit your needs, herbals and other nutrients. One such bitter herb is gentian which stimulates bile, reduces loss of appetite, diarrhea, gas, bloating, heartburn and nausea.20,21 Ultimately the goal is for the body to heal and learn how to digest again on its own- free from medications or supplements, allowing you to live life again, healthy, happy, and empowered.
Digestive Conditions Treated:
|· Acid Reflux
· Anal Fissures
· Celiac Disease
· Crohn’s Disease
· Eosinophilic Esophagitis (EoE)
· Food Sensitivities
· Fructose Intolerance
|· Heartburn/GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease)
· H. Pylori
· Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
· Leaky Bowel Syndrome (LBS)
· Low HCL
· Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO)
· Yeast Overgrowth
- Lakhan SE and Kirchgessner A, Gut inflammation in chronic fatigue syndrome, Nutr Metab (Lond). 2010;7:79.
- Zheng P, Zeng B, Zhou C, et al. Gut microbiome remodeling induces depressive-like behaviors through a pathway mediated by the host’s metabolism. Mol Psychiatry. 2016;21(6):786-96.
- Jiang H, Ling Z, Zhang Y, et al. Altered fecal microbiota composition in patients with major depressive disorder. Brain Behav Immun. 2015;48:186-94.
- Vogt NM, Kerby RL, Dill-McFarland KA, et al. Gut microbiome alterations in Alzheimer’s disease. Sci Rep. 2017;7(1):13537.
- Tremlett H, Bauer KC, Appel-Cresswell S, et al. The gut microbiome in human neurological disease: A review. Ann Neurol. 2017;81(3):369-82.
- Strati F, Cavalieri D, Albanese D, et al. New evidences on the altered gut microbiota in autism spectrum disorders. 2017;5(1):24.
- Long J, Cai Q, Steinwandel M, et al. Association of oral microbiome with type 2 diabetes risk. J Periodontal Res.
- Mazidi M, Rezaie P, Kengne AP, et al. Gut microbiome and metabolic syndrome. Diabetes Metab Syndr. 2016;10(2 Suppl 1):S150-7.
- Track NS, The gastrointestinal endocrine system, Can Med Assoc J 1980, Feb 9;122(3):287-292
- Rubin DT, Recent Research on Joint Pain and Arthritis in Patients With Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2017 Nov;13(11):688-690
- Emoto T, Yamashita T, Kobayashi T, et al. Characterization of gut microbiota profiles in coronary artery disease patients using data mining analysis of terminal restriction fragment length polymorphism: gut microbiota could be a diagnostic marker of coronary artery disease. Heart Vessels. 2017;32(1):39-46.
- Li J, Zhao F, Wang Y, et al. Gut microbiota dysbiosis contributes to the development of hypertension. 2017;5(1):14.
- Jie Z, Xia H, Zhong S-L, et al. The gut microbiome in atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. Nature Communications. 2017;8(1):845.
- Bowe WP and Logan AC, Acne vulgaris, probiotics and the gut-brain-skin axis-back to the future? Gut Pathog. 2011;3:1
- Khanna S, Tosh PK. A clinician’s primer on the role of the microbiome in human health and disease. Mayo Clin Proc. 2014;89(1):107-14.
- Vighi G, Marcucci F, Sensi L, et al. Allergy and the gastrointestinal system. Clin Exp Immunol.2008;153(Suppl 1):3-6.
- 90 % serotonin in gut Terry, N, and Gross Margolis, K, Serotonergic Mechanisms Regulating the GI Tract: Experimental Evidence and Therapeutic Relevance, Handb Exp Pharmacol. 2017; 239: 319–342. , PMID: 28035530
- Strandwitz P. Neurotransmitter modulation by the gut microbiota. Brain Res. 2018 Aug 15;1693(Pt B):128-33.
- Mittal R, , Neurotransmitters: The critical modulators regulating gut-brain axis, J Cell Physiol. 2017 Sep;232(9):2359-2372
- Azman, NAM, Segovia F, Martinex-Farre X, et al, Screening of Antioxidant Activity of Gentian Lutea Root and Its Application in Oil-in-Water Emulsions, Antioxidants (Basel). 2014 Jun; 3(2):455-471
To Book, an Appointment Click Here or Call 613-829-7100
Be sure to check out Revivelife’s blog and videos on digestive wellness. – coming soon!