IMMUNE BOOSTING BOK CHOY SOUP
This soup is “Natural Immunity” in a cup! Bok choy helps you “Love Your Liver” with indole-3 carbinol to support detoxification and reduce inflammation. The mushrooms are rich in vitamin B5 with just one cup of shiitake mushrooms giving you over *50 % of your daily value to power up adrenal health. Mushrooms bolster macrophages which are also your packmen of immunity gobbling up those nasty bugs! Cayenne helps to reduce inflammation in your sinuses. When you breathe well you can think well! Red peppers help to revivelife with tonus of vitamin C for your immunity and adrenals. Rev up your metabolism with “Garlic Kiss”, as when you are lighter your immune system is brighter! Then top it all off with Korean Kimchi which is all the rage giving you probiotics for more immunity and digestion! Bring Winter!
Feature Super Food: Bok choy
Prep. Time: 5 min. | Cook Time: 15 min. |Total Time: 20 min. | Servings: 4| Serving Size: 2 cups
Free From: Gluten, Dairy
- 4 baby Bok choy, rough chopped
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 ¼ cup vegetable stock (low sodium, gluten free i.e. Pacific)
- ¼ cup soy sauce (low sodium, gluten free i.e. San-J Tamari Lite)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. each: cayenne, cumin & tumeric
- 1 tsp. ginger, minced
- ½ tsp. chili peppers, minced
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup each: red peppers, diced; daikon, sliced ; bean sprouts & cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil, cold pressed (i.e. Flora), to garnish
BONUS!: Korean Kimchi!, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 ºF.
- Place Bok choy, and mushrooms on a parchment lined baking sheet. Whisk together ¼ cup of the vegetable stock, soy sauce, garlic, cayenne, cumin, turmeric, and ginger. Drizzle on top of the Bok choy and mushrooms. Bake for 5-10 minutes or until aromatic.
- In the meantime add remaining vegetable stock and chili peppers to a large stockpot on medium heat. Turn heat to low, add Bok choy and mushrooms after baking. Season with salt and pepper and let simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with red bell peppers, daikon, bean sprouts and cilantro and drizzle with sesame oil just before serving. Garnish with Kimchi for a power probiotic effect!
Nutritional Facts: Calories 229 | Total Fat 1.2 g | Saturated Fat 0.5 g | Monounsaturated Fat 0.8 g | Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2 g | Cholesterol 0 mg | Sodium 377 mg | Potassium 548 mg | Total Carbohydrate 24.7 g | Natural Sugar 10.2 g | Dietary Fiber 7.3 g | Protein 6.1 g | *Vitamin A 89 % | * Vitamin C 58% | * Folate 34.8% *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs
Leave a Reply