Stress & Neurotransmitter Testing
Stress Hormones include Cortisol and other hormones produced by the adrenal gland. Cortisol testing is available through blood or saliva.
Neurotransmitters are the chemical messengers of the nervous system, which are essential for relaying signals within the brain and communicating with all organ systems of the body. Common neurotransmitters include serotonin, dopamine, epinephrine and norepinephrine. Others include GABA, PEA, Glutamate, and Histamine.
Recent medical surveys report that as many as eight out of ten people are found to suffer from neurotransmitter imbalances that ultimately result in general disorders like obesity, migraine headaches, depression, ADHD, and anxiety.
A neurotransmitter test can identify and correct neurotransmitter imbalances before they become severe enough to cause symptoms. It can help determine which medication or natural treatment would be beneficial in treating existing conditions.
A neurotransmitter imbalance can cause or contribute to the following problems:
- Bipolar Disorder
- Weight Issues
- Hormone and Adrenal Dysfunction
- Memory Impairment
Neurotransmitters circulating in the blood are filtered by the kidneys and subsequently excreted in the urine. A simple non invasive urine collection can be employed to obtain the levels of the main neurotransmitters that regulate mood and behavior. The Organic Urinary Acid Test can test for the metabolites of serotonin, dopamine, epinephrine, norepinephrine along with digestive markers, detoxification pathways and select nutrients.
We recommend a New Patient Visit for the most comprehensive approach to your health or a Pre-Lab Visit for a quick snapshot prior to lab testing and a Post-Lab consult to review your results.
To Book an Appointment Click Here or Call 613-829-7100
- Athletic Optimization Testing
- Metabolic Urine Test in Ottawa
- Health & Hormone Blood Test
- Cancer Marker Blood Testing
- Organic Acid Test in Ottawa
- Integrative Cardiology Labs
- Digestive Labs
- Environmental Sensitivity Testing (EST)
- Food Additives & Preservatives Testing (FADD)
- Food Intolerance & Allergy Testing in Ottawa
- Genetic DNA Testing
- Hair Analysis Test
- Heavy Metal Testing
- Hormone Testing
- Infectious & Autoimmune Testing
- Live Cell Analysis in Ottawa
- Longevity & Anti-Aging Testing
- Medical Thermography in Ottawa
- Nutrient Testing
- Stress & Neurotransmitter Testing
- Thyroid Testing In Ottawa