Green Goddess Soup
When you want to feel refreshed, reset your body and enhance immunity all at once, make this simple soup to take care of it all! Broccoli is a cruciferous veggie that is rich in indole-3 carbinol to fuel up detoxification powers and is high in glucosinolates which stimulate the body’s immune system. Broccoli also has high levels of Vitamins A, C (238% of your daily needs in 2 cups of our soup) and E a perfect complement to boosting immunity. The chili peppers calm inflammatory fires and add a nice kick to open your sinus up. Make extra to freeze and better yet give to a friend to put a smile on their face and help you release your counter stress hormone oxytocin!
Power Food: Broccoli
Prep. Time: 10 min. | Cook Time: 15 min. |Total Time: 25 min. | Servings: 4 |Serving Size: 2 cups
Free From: Gluten, Dairy, Soy
- ¼ cup vegetable stock (low sodium, gluten free i.e. Pacific)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 3 cups water
- 4 cups broccoli, rough chopped
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
1 minute Sriracha:
- 4 Tbsp. chili peppers, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- 1 Tbsp. crushed garlic
- ¾ cup arugula (or watercress), divided
- 1 Tbsp. chili peppers, sliced
- ½ lemon, juice of
- Add vegetable stock, onion, garlic and ginger to a large stockpot over medium heat. Healthy sauté for just a minute or until fragrant. Next add the water, broccoli, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat to low and let simmer for 8-10 minutes until the broccoli is tender.
- In the meantime to make 1 minute Sriracha, add chili peppers, ACV and crushed garlic to a small bowl. Mix well.
- Add ½ cup of the arugula, to the soup, puree with a hand immersion blender or add batches to a blender and blend until smooth. Ladle into bowls, drizzle with Sriracha, garnish with remaining arugula, remaining chili peppers and juice of lemon. Yum!
Quick Tip: You can purchase ready-made broccoli soup i.e. Farmboy and Sriracha sauce (keeping in mind this Sriracha has a bit of sugar, hence us bringing you our healthier version)
Nutritional Facts: Calories 129 | Total Fat 7.7 g | Saturated Fat 0.1 g | Monounsaturated Fat 0.1 g | Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1 g | Cholesterol 0 mg | Sodium 301 mg | Potassium 440.6 mg | Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g | Natural Sugar 4 g | Dietary Fiber 4.9 g | Protein 4.9 g | *Vitamin C 238% | Vitamin A 22 % | * Calcium 10 % *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.