PEAR & WALNUT SUNFLOWER SPROUT SALAD
This sweet and sunny salad is perfect addition to any barbeque or potluck. The crisp sweetness compliments the mild bitterness of the walnuts perfectly. The sprouts are loaded with enzymes to help your body digest and absorb all of the delicious nutrients like Omega 3 Fatty Acids, protein and 99% of your daily Vitamin E requirements!
Feature Super Food: Sunflower Sprouts or Sunflower Micro-greens
Prep Time: 15 min. | Cook Time: 0 min. | Total Time: 15 min | Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1 cup
Free From: Dairy, Soy, Gluten
- 2 cups sunflower sprouts
- 2 pears, firm, sliced
- 1 cup peas, frozen, drained
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Place sunflower sprouts in a medium salad bowl.
- Add pears and lemon juice in a small bowl and cover pears well with lemon juice to prevent browning.
- To make dressing: add lemon juice, olive oil, honey, sea salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk lightly.
- Just before serving add pears with lemon juice to sunflower sprouts and drizzle with dressing. Toss lightly.
- Add dressing to salad just before serving
*Sprouting Tip: You can make your own sprouts really easily.
Nutritional Facts Calories 320 |Total Fat 15.3 g | Saturated Fat 1.7 g | Polyunsaturated Fat 0.3g | Monounsaturated Fat 0.5 g | Cholesterol 0.0 mg| Sodium 43 mg | Potassium 52 mg | Total Carbohydrate 41 g | Dietary Fiber 8 g| Natural Sugars 3.3 g | Protein 11 g | *Vitamin E 99% | *Magnesium 85% |*Vitamin C 85%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs
Leave a Reply