PRETTY IN PINK CHEESECAKE
This super delicious, pretty in pink cheesecake is made with all things yummy and good for you. The combination of nuts with beets for natural color makes this a desert that can satisfy your indulgent fix, as well as give you healthy fats. This desert has a zing of lemon and betaines from beets, which have anti-inflammatory properties, as well as help protect your body from environmental stress. Hemp hearts also pack extra protein power; just 3 tablespoons contains 10 grams of protein.
Feature Power Food: Hemp Hearts
Prep. Time: 20 min. | Cook Time: 0 min. | Total Time: 20 min. + 60 mins. Freezer time | Servings: 10 | Serving Size: 1 slice
Free From: Gluten, Dairy, Soy
- 1/3 cup almonds, raw (soaked overnight)
- 1/3 cup hemp hearts
- 1½ tsp. extra virgin coconut oil (EVCO)
- 2 dates, pitted
- ½ cup each: cashews & almonds, raw (soaked overnight)
- 1/3 cup coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tsp. lemon zest, reserving a teaspoon to garnish
- ½ small beet
- ¼ cup maple syrup, pure (grade B)
- ¼ cup raspberries, to garnish
- Add the almonds, hemp hearts, EVCO and dates to a blender. Blend until a coarse meal develops that is sticky. If needed, add a little bit of water.
- Press into a 9” cake pan or spring form, lined with parchment paper, 8 mini pans in shapes desired or 12 muffin tins/tart cups. Set aside.
- Add cashews, almonds, coconut milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, beet and maple syrup to a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour the mixture on top of the crust of the cake pan.
- Set in the freezer until firm (about 1 hour) or in the fridge (about 3 hours) to set. Garnish with raspberries and lemon zest just before serving
Nutritional Facts: Calories: 468 | Total Fat 19.2 g | Saturated Fat 10.2 g | Polyunsaturated Fat 0.6 g | Monounsaturated Fat 6.5 g | Cholesterol 13 mg | Sodium 163.2 mg | Potassium 231.7 mg | Total Carbohydrates 29.4 g | Dietary Fiber 3.9 g | Natural Sugar 21.4 g | Protein 15.5 g |* Vitamin C 97.6 %
|* Vitamin A 20.5 % | Manganese 42.1 % |Vitamin C 43.7 %
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
One Response to “PRETTY IN PINK CHEESECAKE”
Leave a Reply