Protein Noodle Soup
This nourishing soup has a secret surprise…. We’ve used protein noodles!!! Made from either soy (non-GMO) or black beans… yes that’s right noodles made from soy or black beans! Both beans are rich in protein and phytonutrients that help you feel energetic and healthy! This meal in a bowl is also rich in fiber to help keep your blood sugar stable and waistline in check. So whip this simple recipe up tonight and make extra for lunch tomorrow!
Power Food: Soy or Black Beans You Chose!
Total Time: 15 min. | Servings: 4 | Serving Size: 2 cups
Free From: Gluten, Dairy
- 8 cups vegetable stock (low sodium & gluten free)
- 2 ginger, slices
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 star anise
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup each: edamame beans & Bok choy, sliced
- sea salt & pepper to taste
- 13 oz. soy/black bean/ or brown rice noodles (non-GMO)
- ½ red bell pepper, julienned to serve
- 1 cup bean sprouts to serve
- 1/3 cup each basil, mint and coriander leaves to garnish
- 1 lime sliced in quarters to garnish
- ½ tsp. chili peppers, minced (optional)
- Place stock in a large stockpot with ginger, garlic, onion, star anise, cinnamon, edamame and Bok choy. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Using a slotted spoon remove anise and cinnamon sticks. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare noodles according to manufacturer directions. Drain well.
- Divide noodles among soup bowls. Pour the hot soup mixture over the noodles, top with red peppers, and bean sprouts. Serve garnished with fresh herbs and lime. Note for all you “Hot Stuff” folks out there you can add chili peppers to kick it up a notch!
Nutritional Facts (with soy pasta): Calories 347 | Total Fat 4.2 g | Saturated Fat 0 g | Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g | Monounsaturated Fat 0 g | Cholesterol 0 mg | Sodium 187 mg | Potassium 88.2 mg | Total Carbohydrate 44.8 g | Natural Sugar 16.8 g | Dietary Fiber 13.4 g | Protein 29.8 g | *Iron 75.4 % | * Vitamin A 35.6 % | *Calcium 16.4 %
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs Note: black bean pasta : Protein 17.8 g and Total Carbs 57.2
Leave a Reply