Rosemary & Sea Salt Popcorn
This super simple snax is not only quick & easy but great for your health! Rosemary helps to boost your memory, reduces inflammation and has anti-microbial properties! So if you’re looking to relax grab a bowl of this popcorn and enjoy!
Power Food: Rosemary
Prep Time: 5 min. | Cook Time: 5 min. | Total Time: 10 min. | Serves: 6 | Serving Size: 2½ cups
Free From: Gluten, Dairy, Soy
- 2 Tbsps. extra virgin coconut oil (EVCO), divided
- 1 cup un-popped popcorn kernels, non-GMO
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the EVCO in a large stockpot on medium heat for about 1 minute with 3-4 popcorn kernels and cover the pot with a tight-fitting lid. Shake the pot back and forth wearing oven mitts every few seconds until all the initial kernels pop. Remove the initial popped popcorn and add the remaining un-popped popcorn kernels. Cover and shake periodically until all of the kernels have popped and popping has slowed to one or two pops every few seconds. Note- for an even lighter option you can air-pop the popcorn.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Add the remaining EVCO, sea salt and any other toppings of choice. Cover and shake well until popcorn is well mixed.
- Olive Oil & Garlic: 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) & 1 tsp.+ minced garlic
- Plant Powered Cheese: 2 Tbsp. *nutritional yeast
- Cilantro Lime: ¼ cup extra virgin coconut oil (EVCO), 2 Tbsp. lime juice, ½ cup minced cilantro: Melt the EVCO and whisk in lime juice. Fold in cilantro, drizzle over popcorn and mix well.
- Lemony Kale: 4 cups minced kale leaves, ¼ cup melted extra virgin coconut oil (EVCO), 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, 2 tsp. lemon zest & pinch of sea salt: Make kale sprinkles by whisking EVCO, lemon juice, lemon zest & sea salt together. Massage into kale and place onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake at 325ºF for about 10 minutes or until crispy, stirring half way through. Add to popped popcorn, mix and enjoy!
- Apple Pie: ½+ cup minced dried apples, 1 Tbsp. cinnamon & a few drops of stevia
- Pumpkin Spice: 2 Tbsp. pumpkin pie puree, unsweetened & a few drops of stevia
- Yummy Caramel: 1 Tbsp. extra virgin coconut oil (EVCO), ¼ cup almond butter & ½ cup honey, raw: Heat EVCO & almond butter until completely melted, quickly whisk in honey and then drizzle over popcorn. Mix with a spoon & voila yummy!
- Chocolate Pop: 2 Tbsp. extra virgin coconut oil (EVCO), ¼ cup cacao or cocoa powder & a touch of sweetener of choice: Melt all in a pot, drizzle over popcorn and mix well.
*Health Buzz: *Nutritional Yeast: Can be found at your health food store, it looks like “fish flakes” (as my kids say), odd I know but it’s loaded with B vitamins and gives food a cheesy-like flavour!
Nutritional Facts: Coming Soon!
Leave a Reply