Rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory nutrients, zucchini helps get rid of the body of free radicals and excess inflammation. The lutein in zucchini encourages skin health by reducing inflammation responses. As a bonus it makes great zoodles, a perfect low carb option for those watching their waistline!
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 1-2 mins | Total Time: 12 mins | Serves: 4
Power Food: Zucchini
- 3 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
Lemon Dill Drizzle:
- 1 lemon, zested & juice of
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 Tbsp. dill, fresh
- Sprinkle zucchini with sea salt and pepper and place between two layers of paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Cook shrimp in a large saute pan over medium heat in half of the EVOO until they turn pink and are cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside. Add the other half of the EVOO and zoodles, to the pan. Gently toss while cooking for 1 minute. Add the drizzle and toss for 30 more seconds. Remove from heat and add shrimp.
- Plate and garnish with lemon zest, fresh dill, sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve or add to containers immediately.
Quick Tip: No Time? Not to worry, just pick-up ready- made zoodles, cooked shrimp and Lemon Garlic Dressing. Garnish
with fresh lemon and dill and you’re all set!
Note for a raw version skip the cooking of the zoodles and serve cooked shrimp with sauce on raw zoodles and you’ll be done in literally a few minutes.