SLEEPY TIME SMOOTHIE BOWL
Want to get more sleep instead of counting sheep? Chamomile helps to calm the nervous system, while bananas are a high source of tryptophan which helps to promote your happy and sleep hormone serotonin. Oatmeal provides the carbs needed to increase the absorption of tryptophan through the blood brain barrier which increases the conversion to serotonin. Almonds give you relaxing magnesium while tart cherries help to increase your hormone melatonin that controls your sleep/wake cycles. Be sure and choose tart cherries as they can provide up to 50 percent more melatonin than sweet cherries!
Power Food: Pumpkin Seeds
Prep. Time: 5 min. | Cook Time: 0 min. | Total Time: 5 min. | Servings: 1 | Serving Size: 2 cup
Free From: Gluten, Dairy, Soy
- 1 cup chamomile tea
- 1 banana, frozen
- ½ cup oatmeal
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup tart cherries, pitted (or pineapple)
- 1 tsp honey, raw & local
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
Optional: 1 Tbsp. Liquid Magnesium, 1 Tbsp. flax seeds and or ½ Tbsp. cacao powder
Toppings: tart cherries, coconut, almonds, cacao, cinnamon
- Add chamomile tea, banana, oatmeal, almonds, tart cherries, honey and nutmeg to a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into a bowl or glass and top with toppings of choice.
Nutritional Facts: Coming Soon!
- 10 Tips For Getting Your Sleep Instead of Counting Sheep
- Sleep Timing & Sleep Checklist
- Sleep We All Need It But What If You Can’t Get It? 5 Stages of Sleep
- Top 10 Dreams What Do They Really Mean?
- 5 Foods To Promote Sleep
- Sleep: Newsletter & Video
- Sleep: Food For a Good Night Sleep-Video
Leave a Reply