Dr. Joël Villeneuve, Naturopathic Doctor
Dr. Joël Villeneuve, ND is the Founder and Clinical Director of Revivelife Clinic. She is also the author of the book Power foods 101. Dr. Joel Villeneuve’s pursuit of excellence, providing trusted care to her patients and motivational coaching through media has defined her 25+ year journey as a highly respected Naturopathic Doctor Practicing Integrative Natural Medicine.
- To Inspire People, Naturally
Areas of Interest
- Longevity Medicine & High-Performance Lifestyle
- Metabolism & Weight
- Nutrition & Athletic Performance
Dr. Joël Villeneuve, ND completed her Bachelor of Science Degree at the University of Waterloo, graduated as valedictorian to receive her Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine (ND) from the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM) in Toronto and obtained her certificate in Personal Training from the Sports Performance Institute. She received numerous scholarships and awards during her formal academic training.
Dr. Joël Villeneuve, ND has received training in naturopathic therapies including Lifestyle Counseling, Nutrition, Acupuncture, Botanical Medicine, Homeopathy and Athletic Performance throughout North America and internationally. She has pursued further postgraduate training and advanced certificates in the following areas:
- Advanced Plant-Based Nutrition – with Dr. Neal Barnard, MD Leader in Nutritional Medicine
- Functional Nutritional Medicine – with Dr. Ben Lerner, DC, Co-Founder of Maximized Living
- Integrative Cardiology – with Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn, MD Cardiologist
- Bio-Identical Hormone Therapy – with Dr. Hertoghe, MD International Hormone Expert & Contributor to Suzanne Sommers books.
- Bio-Identical Hormone Therapy – with Dr. Erika Schwartz, MD Bio-Identical Hormone Doctor & Author
- Functional & Personalized Hormone Restoration Therapy
- Homeopathy – with Dr. Rajan Sankaran, World Renown Researcher and Practitioner of Homeopathy
- Weight Management
- Lyme & Co-Infections
- Autoimmune Health Conditions
- Athletic Performance
- Corporate Wellness – with Dr. Charles Bens, Ph.D. Corporate Health Expert
Dr.Joël Villeneuve, ND has been a member of the following institutions as a professional educator for “Integrative Wellness Medicine”:
- University of Ottawa Faculty of Medicine – Integrative Medicine
- Institute of Holistic Nutrition – Endocrinology
- Institute of Holistic Nutrition – Holistic Food Preparation
- Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation – Power Foods 101
- The Woman’s Health Care Initiative “Natural Approaches to Menopause”
Dr. Joël Villeneuve, ND holds the following professional memberships and affiliations:
- The College of Naturopaths of Ontario (CONO)
- Ontario Association of Naturopathic Doctors (OAND)
- Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors (CAND)
- Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM)
- SIBO Canada
- International Lyme & Associated Diseases Society (ILADS)
- Bowen Therapy
- Sports Nutrition Institute
- North American Metabolic & Nutrition Certification Program (NAMN) of which she is a co-founder
Dr. Joël Villeneuve, ND is recognized for her roles as an integrative doctor, author, personal trainer, key opinion leader, entrepreneur, TV Host, media personality, professional educator and national speaker. She has founded the project Powerfoods 101 in partnership with the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation in support of Complementary Medicine Cancer Research.
She is a consultant to many organizations including Farm Boy, Greco Fitness and athletic teams including high-performance NHL athletes in collaboration with Tony Greco, founder of Greco Fitness. She is the founder of the NCO Ski Racing Medical Team and is their Director of Nutrition. She collaborates with athletic health providers including those from the Ottawa Carleton Sports Medicine department – Dr. Taryn Taylor, MD, who is an active member of the Canadian Academy of Sport and Dr. Jessica (Butler) Curran, MD, Sports Medicine Physician. Dr. Joël, ND, continues to teach health programs in the community and at The Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation.
Dr. Joël, ND has recently been awarded the “Lifetime Achievement Award” for her contribution in the field of health and wellness. She was also selected as Ottawa’s Favourite Naturopathic Doctor by FACES Magazine.
Why I Love What I Do
Dr. Joël, ND loves life and igniting your Jump-Out-Bed energy to kickstart your day. Dr. Joël, ND is grateful that those around her and the work that she does gives her just that. She aspires to help people tap into their inner energy and bliss to become the best that they can be! Smile It’s contagious!
In her downtime, Dr. Joël, ND can be found enjoying active family time with her husband, two sons and two dogs Lola & Roxy, skiing, biking or traveling. You can also find her whipping up a new culinary delight sparking her inner foodie, photographing or just relaxing at any of our nearby lakes!
Live Your Extraordinary Life!