Zen Buddha Bowl
Buddhist monks are known for the calm and balanced spirit. When life feels rushed take time to enjoy one of nature`s bountiful Buddha bowls. I recommend taking a few minutes to meditate before every meal, to promote your body`s release of digestive enzymes and optimal digestion. Add sprouts to boost up your digestive powers. Buddhist`s are also known to eat their meals in quite reflection… so take time to relax and find your zen. The great news is that Buddha bowls can be made with anything you have in your refrigerator!
Power Food: Oregano
Prep. Time: 5 min. | Cook Time: 4 min. | Total Time: 9 min.| Servings: 4 | Serving Size: 2 cups
Free From: Gluten, Dairy, Soy
- ½ cup vegetable stock (low sodium , gluten free)
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 1 cup white beans, cooked
- ½ cup parsley, freshly chopped
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives
- ¼ cup of artichokes
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tsp. each: oregano & basil
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved to garnish
- 4 lemon slices, to garnish
- Add vegetable stock, brown rice, spinach, beans, parsley, Kalamata olives and artichokes to a large stockpot or wok on medium heat. Stir then add lemon juice, oregano, basil, salt and pepper for 3-4 minutes until warmed.
- Serve in bowls, garnish with tomatoes and lemon slices. Enjoy!
Nutritional Facts Coming Soon!
Leave a Reply